RM which means real media is a streaming media file format that was invented first by RealNetworks company who is also the creator of Real Audio, Real Video and Real Flash. RM formats main feature is that, different compression ratios can be created according to the data transfer rate of the network. RM file extensions are ‘.rm’ and this format is most often used in conjunction with Real Video and Real Audio. It is also widely used for streaming content across the internet.
On the other hand, the MP3 format is a compression system for music. It helps to reduce the number of bytes in a song without noticeably affecting the quality of the song’s sound. The MP3 format file, with similar sound quality, can cave disk storage space when compared with some other audio file formats. To play a RM file, a real player or a special newly developed player is usually needed, since ordinary players do not support RM files. However, MP3 audio file format is widely supported by media players, so for those wanting to keep the audio part of an RM file only, it is useful to draw the audio data from the RM file, and retain it as an audio file format that can be easy to play.
Things you will need
- RM to MP3 converter
- Windows Operation System
- Go to free-codecs.com and download the free RM to MP3 converter.
- Install the RM to Mp3 converter software on your computer.
- Following installation, run the software and then select ‘add files.’
- Browse your computer directory, locate the file or files and then click ‘open.’
- Change the conversion settings to your preference.
- Click the ‘start’ button.
- Remember to read the guidelines included with the application before using it. This will ensure no unwarranted mistakes are made during conversion.