While MP3, WAV and WMA are audio files, MIDI is not. MIDI files have in them, descriptions on how to make music, but not the music itself. When creating music with a MIDI file, all that is needed is a hardware or software synthesizer.
A synthesizer is made to follow the instructions contained in a MIDI file, and so, there is no chance of getting wrong results. Due to this, MIDI to MP3 conversion is quite simple, while MP3 to MIDI is like making sheer music out of complex recording. Unlike converting MIDI to MP3, there is a much greater chance of error in the reverse process. This article will show you how to use an excellent and unique tool called WIDI Recognition System Professional to convert MP3 format files to MIDI.
Things you will need
- WIDI Recognition System Professional
- Download and install WIDI Recognition System Professional to a known location on your computer. Run setup and follow the on-screen instructions to install the application.
- Launch WIDI Recognition System Professional. When the Wizard shows up, select ‘transcribe pre-recorded MP3, Wave or CD’ and then click ‘next.’
- Another dialog box will appear; click browse and select the MP3 file you want to convert to MIDI; click ‘open’ and it will return you to the previous window, but with the path to your file. Following this, click ‘next’ and the software will work on the audio file in a few seconds.
- Now, adjust settings for MIDI recognition or simply choose a preset from the drop-down menu. Select ‘next’ and the program should start to analyze your MP3 file. This should take a few seconds. Close the Wizard when the analysis is completed.
- The program’s main window will be visible after the Wizard is closed. In the workspace, one window represents waveform of the original MP3 file. The other window shows the results of the spectrum analysis. Sections are usually notes, and this is where the sound is most intense. The program recognizes notes and highlights them using borders. You may adjust, merge, delete and add new notes directly in this window. You may also adjust instruments and preview the tune.
- Click the ‘save’ button to save the resulting MIDI. Trial versions of WIDI Recognition System Professional will only permit you to save 10 seconds of your tune. You may remove this restriction by paying for the product and entering your personal key.
- Read the software instructions keenly before you begin to convert your files.